By their nature, disputes over Wills, Trusts and Probate often occur at times of tragedy and distress. Bringing actions or defending claims is especially demanding and can become fraught very quickly. It is important that you seek advice at an early stage to help resolve matters with a view to potentially avoiding litigation and costly court proceedings.
Adams Corporate Solicitors are extremely experienced in this area of law and we are able to manage grievances over inheritance with due compassion whilst maintaining objectivity to progress disputes to a satisfactory resolution. The array of disputes is as varied as the families that they affect. We act for executors, personal representatives and for individuals claiming against estates or other parties and we often advise on complex and cross-jurisdictional issues.
The areas that we are experts in are as follows:
- Trusts and trust law.
- Drafting wills.
- Obtaining a Grant of Probate.
- Applications for Wards of Court.
- Administration of estates.
- Enduring powers of attorney.
- General inheritance planning.
- Acting as Executor.
- Advice to Executor.
The sort of litigation issues that we have acted for clients recently are as follows:-
- Disputed Wills – based on forgery, allegations of mental capacity.
- Will Disputes - based on allegations of undue influence.
- Wills disputes - based on allegations of invalid procedure or fraud.
- Disputes involving Executors or Trustees.
- Disputed Powers of Attorney.
- Negligently drafted wills and professional negligence claims.
We advise in relation to property, family issues and personal allowances. We also advise in relation to estate planning where there are substantial chattels, property and offshore assets. We deal with business and agricultural property and advising on available reliefs. We are also involved in re-arranging assets and property holdings between spouses and civil partners and advising on co-ownership issues when purchasing a property.
Milan Schuster, Partner
T: +353 1 6789 788